Sunday, May 3, 2009

I heart NY

Oh my HECK. I don't even know where to begin. I sit at my computer once again feeling overwhelmed at the thought of blogging. How do I put into words what an amazing time we all had together. We saw tons of the city, ate some great foods, walked our butts off, then we ate more, followed by more walking, we laughed (not just at my mom), we got lost (I mean I took the long way to get there just once), we shopped, saw some amazing Broadway shows, they probably had some of their most uncomfortable sleeps (I think it was worth it though, right girls?)


First night we went out to Patsy's Pizza for some amazing NY pizza.
We were pretty pumped for the pizza. We were not disappointed.

Then we went to Serendipity 3. It was pretty much heaven for my eyes and my stomach. I'd say it would be hell for the waistline, but when you walk like 2 miles on your way there, it's all guilt free. We just ordered the most delectable desserts, that were all so delicious. I think for the first time in my life we walked away from unfinished desserts, it was painful. I miss you frozen hot chocolate and chocolate cake sundae....
Yumm!


The Rockefeller Center



Times Square
Pictures really don't do this place justice. If only you could see and smell then you've experienced New York.



Top of the Empire State Building
So here is the scoop on this famous attraction. First of all I got confused with all the big buildings surrounding me. So instead of continuing to follow my step by step navigation, I ditched them and suddenly Lindsay & I were thinking the Chrysler Building was the Empire State Building. So we took a slight detour. We got to the Empire State Building and got in line and passed on the express pass (we should have taken this) Anyway we waited in line for quite sometime. I have to add in what a trooper Sadie was (sure we pushed, carried, and played with her) she was like a little angel just waiting in line. She was pretty amazing everyday as we tried to see as much as possible here. The view was amazing.

One of the views from the top.

Grand Central Station
A little insider tip: check out the whispering wall. You can talk or sing right into the wall and it travels to the opposite corner.

Staten Island Ferry Ride
Not a great picture -but can you see Lady Liberty in between Lindsay & I.

Statue of Liberty

Brooklyn Bridge

Subway- tired or the lingering smell of Chinatown and the subway ewww
One day we left Sadie with Ryan, so we could go go go. I have to say how awesome he was to meet us everyday after work and take Sadie home and put her to bed, so we could go and play more. So we had no Sadie to hold us up, so we packed our day super full. When we got to the subway it hit the girls. To quote Lindsay "If there is no seats in the subway I'm sitting on the floor." Lindsay totally wimped out by the end of the day. I won't lie we definitely did a lot of walking but I had to play the tour guide role (plus I'm kind of a New Yorker now right? I walk EVERYWHERE)

Stardust Diner on Broadway
This place was awesome to take Sadie to, because she was so entertained by the singing servers (aspiring actors and actresses). It was nice to enjoy my meal and the company and watch the people around us ohh and ahhh at Sadie and pay more attention to her than I was.

Sadie in Central Park
A solo shot for Sadie
The Girls in Central Park (on our way home from church)
Bethesda Terrace

FAO Schwartz
Trying to join the Hogwart family.
There are more pictures to see and stories to share, but that is all I will do for now.
I must add that we saw Wicked, and we were on a Broadway high after the show. Then we saw In the Heights and it happened all over again. The shows were AMAZING!

Also, the weather the whole time they were here was fabulous.

I don't think we could have had more fun. It was the ultimate girls trip in NY. I am so glad my mom and sisters could come out to visit.

"It is like a once in a lifetime experience" - Mom

18 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

sounds like you girls had a blast! what fun!!!

Mindi said...

Fun girls trip! I love the pic of Sadie with the server, she's like "Whoah, what the heck!?" I love the pics!!!

Jacklyn said...

Words can't even describe my envy...Maybe one day we can go to SOHO together hahah I talked to lindsay

Sim said...

AMAZING!! seriously, it sounds like you girls had the most fabulous time!! one day susie, right?!! one day!! t

LindsayB said...

i think i said i would lay on the the subway floor. and now i see the harry potter giant and he looks huge! but i tell ya, he didn't feel that tall there. weird.

do a dear...

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I love your moms quote. It is so true. Once in a lifetime experience. The history, the culture, the excitement, the hustle and bustle; it is all New York and it is so great.

Super fun girls trip!!!

Melanie said...

that all sounds so amazing, wish I were there for a visit!

Carla McDaniel said...

thanks for bloggin about your fun times.
i love hearing about your adventures there. glad you are loving it.

Oler Family said...

How fun! It looks like you didn't miss a thing!

Just Rhonda said...

SO cool!!! Wish I Was there. But I'll be there soon!!!

Jaime said...

Looks like you girls had so much fun! Glad your family could come visit, and Sadie looked like such a trooper. Calgary is going to seem so slow when you get back!

Dorienne said...

Looks like so much fun. Girls and NYC are a great combo!

houseofhud said...

I'm so jealous! I wish i could find the time (and $) to come and visit you while you are there! We can't wait for you to get home though!!!

lynz said...

soooo fun! i love all the pics and ya know....sisters/mom time is always fun but then add the big apple to the mix and you get a once in a lifetime experience :) i'm jealous like everyone else!

The Bullknitter said...

Amazing. Loved the post.

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised so awesome soho didn't make the cut. Love the pics, I want to get the rest of pics at some point. I miss it already.
Brooke

Ashley Dawn said...

WOW - that sounds amazing. So jealous. I NEED to get there some day.

Brandy said...

jealous! what a fun trip for the girls!