Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Worth it!

After supper we thought it would be fun to go outside for a walk (like I hadn't done enough of it already today with Sadie). I had the brilliant idea of taking advantage of Ben & Jerry's free ice cream day. We walked up to Rockefeller Centre Plaza, where I got 2 cones for us. I met Ryan & Sadie up on the ground level with the 2 cones. As I was trying to pass off the melting cone, to Ryan, Sadie totally fell down the steps... head first. Ryan whisked her up and she let out her trademark scream. This is where the ice cream is brilliant. Instead of having to just naturally console her through this little episode in public, or have to find and buy a quick fix, or run home completely flustered with crying kid, I have the cure right in my fingertips. In a matter of seconds what could have been a disaster and painful all ends in seconds. I quickly ran to Sadie & show her the ice cream it then took her a good 3 seconds to stop the screaming and start shoving her face into the ice-cream.

Normally I probably wouldn't have handed over my ice cream over to her so quickly, but I guess it made me feel better about her little fall.
You can kind of see the scrapes and goose egg forming already. If you can't see it, you think I'm an over reacting mom and Ryan is an over protective dad.

I'm pretty sure life doesn't get any better than this.
Sadie loves her Dad. No one can make her laugh like he can.



I'm sure Sadie is thinking it was all worth it right now.

14 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

i so look forward to your blogs. i feel bad for little sadie. i can see her goose egg forming (you're not overprotective parents) it's there.
pics look beautiful.

houseofhud said...

I can see the scrapes! Love the buildings in the background of the pictures. I absolutely LOVE Sadie's smile and ice cream face!

LindsayB said...

ice cream saves the day again. man, we are good moms.

Just Rhonda said...

those are CUTE photos!!!!

lynz said...

awwww! love those pictures and yay again for ice cream :)

Candice said...

OH my word, that is priceless....the last picture is the BEST...I love chocolate ice cream...all around her mouth. It looks like you are having the TIME of your life! Are you keeping a journal? Or is the blog your journal? When are your mom & sisters coming?

whitney said...

I love the last one! Such a cute ice cream face grin!

Alysha Sladek said...

ice cream make everything better!! you're not overprotective!

Jacklyn said...

remember when we tried to jump up onto a big metal horse at the exact same time and we got big giant goose eggs on our heads...I wish we would have gotten ice cream

Ashley Dawn said...

Oh cute. Saryn just took a fall down the stairs to our basement and has a huge shiner to show for it. Those are such hard moments. If only I had ice cream...

Mindi said...

Aw! Ice cream cures anything! Good save Momma! She's so dang cute!

Arrington's said...

Ah ice cream in New York City..I bet it just tastes better there..

Brandy said...

susie... it looks like you are having the time of your life! what amazing memories. sadie is so sweet!

Dorienne said...

NY sounds like so much fun. We miss you back at home.