Saturday, April 4, 2009

More Manhattan

We started our Saturday by getting on the subway to downtown. We went to Century 21 (a major designer discount store)- it has been referred to as a Winners on steroids. We got some sweet deals, and managed to get out of there before the store was completly overrun by crazy shoppers everywhere.

We saw Ground Zero, where the World Trade Centers were. It's hard to imagine and take it all in. That there were these massive buildings that are now missing. I can't imagine all the people locals and tourists going about their day and boom, everything changed.

I felt surrounded all day, by all the buildings just hovering over us. They are seriously never ending in this end of the city. All the buildings are so amazing.




I don't know if you can tell from this, but it was windy and freezing when we got near the water and away from the buildings.


If you can look way out in the water you can see the tiny lady of liberty raising her torch. I think we'll get a closer look another day.


A statue that was in the WTC and stayed intact after the terrorist attacks. It is now in Battery Park with an eternal flame as a symbol of hope.


Ryan and the raging bull


The New York Stock Exchange.

Ryan at Wall and Broad St. looking so stylish.
I sure made Ryan pose a lot today.


Trinity Church



Again feeling claustrophobic with all the buildings.

I had to take a picture of this, can you see angel Moroni on top?

Riding home on the subway
Goodnight

16 comments:

Jackie said...

Looks like so much fun and such an adventure! Good job with all the pictures!

Brittany said...

what a fun adventure...do you seriously have to walk everywhere? You are going to be even skinnier if you walk 30 blocks on a regular basis. seriously I am a little jealous that there are so many fun things to go see and do....today I saw the old man river...top that!

Just Rhonda said...

fun fun!!!! How was century 21???? Did you get any sweet deals? So many cool things you are seeing!!!

Just Rhonda said...

and i had to add that Ryan is quite the trooper to have so many photos of him taken! :)

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, I'm crazy jealous. I think you made Ryan pose a lot because you're not used to having him with you...haha. Oh man, I'm not looking forward to the articling year. I can't believe you're actually living there for a little while. What an amazing experience.

Oler Family said...

I still can't believe that you are in New York! What an amazing city! It's so fun to look at all your pictures...keep them coming!

Carla McDaniel said...

Susie...
I am so happy to hear you are having such a great time. Wish I could share those awesome designer deals with ya:)
thanks for sharing some pics w/us.
can't wait to read your next post
we miss you

Rashelle said...

Looks like you are having such a good time. I can't believe how much you have seen and done already.

Alysha Sladek said...

i LOVE checking out your blog! this is probably the closest to NY i'll get for many years so i'm seriously loving it!

Jaime said...

Wow, you guys are staying so busy! I have never seen Ryan in so many pictures, it must be great for you and Sadie to have him around so much.

houseofhud said...

Busy, busy, busy! You are not going to get sick of this are you?!?

Sim said...

wow, you've done sooooo much in just a week it's crazy!! wish i could be there...especially for the shopping deals of course!! your pictures look amazing...keep posting them we want to see more!!!

Christal said...

You are having so much fun!! What an adventure eh! Three months sometimes drags but goes fast in the end living in florida for three months with darrens work was fun then you want to get home then your realize you didn't miss anything at home and wish you were back with some excitement at lest that was my experience! Love all the pictures!! Sadie is so adorable!

Caylee said...

Sooo many cool things to see - have a fabulous time!

Jacklyn said...

so fun, but one complaint...your pics look like mine, your not in them. Pass the old camera over to ryan and make him take some of you. I know it's annoying but oh well. But totally awesome pics I'm jealous

Shelley said...

Looks like you're having the time of your lives in NY!! Who wouldn't! I love your blog - your Sadie is so cute!! And I'm with Jacklyn - we need to see some NY pics of you!