Friday, April 17, 2009

a perfect day

It's days like today I could repeat again and again. I am in love with the spring in Central Park. How do I know I am in love? Words can't describe how I love going to spend an afternoon there. It just makes me so happy!
Thanks to some mutual friends and our commonality of Southern Alberta, I met up with this fun girl from Canada and her cute little guy today.
They chased and tried to pop the bubbles together. It's so funny how alike these two were. They totally copied each other all day long. It was so funny when they both tried to one up each other screaming louder to get the toys they wanted.

Watched the ducks in the pond.

A kiss in Central Park.


An affectionate hug, loving the lean in, and the crowd of people they had ahhhing at them.

Sadie found this balloon and was a happy as can be.

She loved clearing the path as she walked down with her balloon trailing behind her.

Stopping to have a little rest.

Making her pose with me by the beautiful trees in bloom.

Playing I spy on the bridge.
Such a fun little afternoon with Erin and Jonah. I hope he was as tuckered out as Sadie at the end of the day. Sweet Dreams.

16 comments:

Oler Family said...

What a fun day! I love the smootch! Too cute! And the balloon pictures are adorable! That's funny that your friend is from Canada!

Shelley said...

That does look like a perfect day - wish I could come hang out with you in Central Park! Those pictures are adorable - love how they were copying (and kissing) each other!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I love the picture of Sadie walking down the path with the balloon behind her. So cute.

You and Jason need to hook up.

LindsayB said...

so fun! souther ab connection anywhere you go! sadies dress is so dang cute! she is getting so big. get her to say my name by the time we get there ok?

Ashley Dawn said...

Kaia has that exact same dress. I LOVE it. What a great time. I have heard the Central Park is amazing. This just proves it. I love those pics. They are amazing!

whitney said...

Looks like so much fun!
Sadie is as adorable as ever. Love the kiss in central park.

Carla McDaniel said...

okay...the kiss and hug, soooo darn cute. I am so glad you are loving it out there. It sure looked like the perfect day!

Alysha Sladek said...

cute! I LOVE her dress!!

Unknown said...

I am soo glad you and Erin met up, you are both such fun girls I knew you would enjoy eachothers company!!!

Brittany said...

Seriously live it up, and what a great time to be over there. Sadie's dress is so cute...You need to get those pics framed, I sure would love to be kissin in central park

Jaime said...

No sweater or coat for Sadie. I wish it was that nice here-Central Park looks great right now in the spring time, lucky girl.
Its already been said, but Sadie's dress is adorable.

dynamike said...

You captured our perfect day perfectly. :) Let's do it again soon!

Erin

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

susie -- thanks for entering my giveaway! good luck :)

Anonymous said...

So fun, I can't wait to come see you. I love Sadie's dress.
Brooke

Anonymous said...

So fun, I can't wait to come see you. I love Sadie's dress.
Brooke

The Bullknitter said...

Sadie is at the perfect age. Enjoy every minute - it goes so fast.