Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sadie's night out

On Friday we decided to take Sadie over to the Children's Museum of Manhattan. I walked the 30 some blocks and Ryan met us there after work. Sadie loved it! There were so many cool things for kids to do. Heck, I just loved watching Sadie play and play. It was well worth the free admission (it was free Friday -first of the month).


If we we're really awesome and over the top parents we would be taking Sadie to see Dora Live at Radio City Hall. I think I'll pass, maybe Ryan will....
I think Dora just sucked in a new fan. I don't think she really knew who she was, but I turned it on today and she was totally into it, and bopping to the music.


I'm not sure why it is called a Museum, it was more of a really awesome, giant play and discover place. The museums I remember going to as a kid were not quite the same. I recall leaving the museum excited to be out of there.




This thing was totally like a giant light bright. Add that to the list for the kids playroom, right?



Sadie loved pushing buttons, making music, dancing to the songs (oh the Dora and Diego songs), climbing up, sliding down, driving, and whatever else she could do. The only bad part was of course leaving. She cruised out of the building, I think she thought we were taking her to a new room. When we tried to pick her up and put her in the stroller it was MELTDOWN. It was then I missed shoving her kicking and screaming into her car seat and shutting the door and dealing with it myself. Instead, Ryan carried her for a bit, so we don't have a million New Yorkers staring and judging the 'bad parents' with the screaming kid out to late on the streets. Obviously she is a kid and she got over it, and is getting used to some of our routines. She really is a trooper.





1 comment:

Just Rhonda said...

oooh that place looks awesome! Sorry it ended with a meltdown!