Thursday, June 18, 2009

the BOYs are back in town

Already I'm looking back and thinking, wow I can't believed I survived this. It was Ryan's turn to have the guys here, the only catch was Sadie & I were going nowhere. So I guess they didn't get the full guys only expereince. If you have any idea of how small apartment is you are pretty much thinking we are insane by now. Jimmy & Tom got here the same day my parents left (they even saw each other at the airport). It was classic bys night that night they all went to the ESPN Zone in Times Square to watch sports and eat. They kept busy in the days and headed out to take in some of the sights of New York. They were really all here for the baseball. Every night they went to a baseball game and totally loved it. On Thursday we had another couple that came last minute and stayed till Saturday. Yep, that's where I knew this was ridiculous and we'd taken it too far.
To be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but if I just look at this picture I can't help but laugh. There were 6 adults and Sadie sleeping in our tiny little apartment for a 2 nights. Seriously big slumber party, I won't say who but there was some snoring going on, but I guess everyone was so tired it didn't keep anyone up. Everyone was a good sport and I guess was just excited to see US... I mean New York.

So they hit up both some at Citi Field and at Yankee Stadium, and they saw a great match up of the Yankees and Mets. The worst part was everytime they came home the T.V went on and they would watch the higlights again and again and could talk baseball and sports all night long. I'm not sure I will ever really get this, but whatever. I guess we all have our passions.

Time Square is always busy with people, lights and it really never stops now.
Sadie & I had a lot of time together so here we are in Times Square enjoying our frozen yogurt. We really not even phased by all the people, noise, smells and lights anymore. We just spot ourselves a lounger and were good to chill in Times Square.


Ryan's friend Tom (free & single you know no wife or commitments really) stayed a little longer than the other guys. So they got the idea to follow the baseball (since there were no games in New York) they headed to Philadelphia for the day to see the Phillies play the Red Sox. Are you getting any idea of how baseball obsessed my husband is?

We almost thought Tom was out staying his welcome with us, but they we managed to get him to take a girl out on a date to a Broadway show. So if anything becomes of it, it was definitely worth it. Right?. He also did baby sit Sadie one night so again, worth it.
We are feeling it now, with no more visitors we are on the homestretch and are counting down the days to go home again.

6 comments:

Jess said...

wow you are awesome. That must have been crazy having all those people in your apartment.
When are you guys due to come back?

houseofhud said...

That is so funny. You and all the guys got to have a slumber party!!! You guys are such good sports to have that many visitors to come stay with you in your little hotel room!

LindsayB said...

oh my heavens...party party? i was wondering if you ever just go to times square by yourself and just hang out...guess so. james is on the sadie countdown.

Ashley Dawn said...

That's SO fun. Sometimes I'm really glad that Jarett isn't sports crazy. This would've been fun to anyone though. I'm jealous. So sad that we couldn't make it out to visit NYC while we knew someone there. Sigh. We'll just all have to be super rich someday and get all these awesome things in.

Angie said...

Susie, thanks for all of your nice comments you made my day!

Alysha Sladek said...

thanks again for having jimmy. he had a great time! you are wonderful for having so many people invade your house. THANK YOU!