Friday, June 19, 2009

LUCKY

Finally made the BIG draw for the big winners. The lucky winner is entry # 15 Jaimie! Next, LUCKY she is soooo funny JACKLYN is the bonus winner. I laughed at how no one thought they could top hers, I promise it wasn't about writing a ton, all of hers were soo funny. Pretty much everything she said is probably only funny to me and maybe a few others, she is hilarious. Whenever we are together we can't help but do something dumb, funny, embarrassing either in an effort to make someone else laugh or just to one up each other. All the other comments and insiders were appreciated it's always great to have a few laughs while staring at the computer screen. Right?

Since Tom was in town and offered to stay in with Sadie and send us out I decided to play the lottery for In the Heights. It was my first time trying and I WON! I always find it so exhilarating to win something. There were at least 50 people huddled outside the theatre as the called the names and I WON, I WON.
I was excited Ryan got to come and see the show with me. I have already seen it once since we have been here, and have been telling anyone else that comes to go and see it. It was our second one together. We did got to Avenue Q which was quite hilarious and a totally different kind of Broadway; the whole show is done with puppets. The show is described as Sesame Street for adults. Anyways In the Heights was amazing I just LOVE everything about it. Now I feel like Ryan has experienced a real Broadway show with me, with AMAZING dancing, singing and a story full of hope.

I think Tom was excited to babysit Sadie. He also said he was probably not so good at diaper changes and dressing and feeding, understandable. So we had Sadie all taken care of, and gave him some simple instructions. They played until is was her bedtime, he read some stories and put her down. She was fine, then 45 min. later she woke up. This is how Tom describes the next hour and a half. First she wanted her diaper changed I think she wet it, she took off her pyjamas. Then she was hungry I gave her some bread. Next it was dress ups, she put on a dress. Then she noticed the camera she wanted her picture, so we took some pictures. Then she just played, and she heard a noise and got scared and she wouldn't move after that, so she just fell asleep with me on my bed. After that I put her in bed. I am glad Tom had fun with his babysitting adventures.

To finish off the lucky streak I went with Tom to the In the Heights lottery for the 2nd day in a row. We both entered our names in hopes one of would get picked so he could go that night. His name was the last picked, it was awesome. I still feel lucky just because I was there when he won.

8 comments:

Jacklyn said...

Seriously I am only funny with you guys cause you say that I am and then I feel like I have to live up to the hype. I don't think thta too many people here think that I'm at all funny. You challenge me. I love it and I will be sporting my I love New York shirt (or whatever it is) Frequently. And Sorry me comment was so long and that it made others not try...I just really felt the need to make you laugh, and I had lot's of ammo

Jaime said...

Sounds like Tom and Sadie had quite the night! I wish Brody was as good with babysitters as Sadie is.
Did I really win?! I never win anything-I'm so excited (if it really was me)!
Hope to see you July 1! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Ashley Dawn said...

I seriously NEVER win anything. Glad someone I know gets lucky. It means that all these draws are actually real. It's hard to believe sometimes....haha. YAY for having a great date!

LindsayB said...

i'm soooo jealous you got to go to in the heights again, lotto winner. and i'm pretty much cracking up at tom babysitting sadie, priceless. i want an i heart ny shirt for some reason now.

The Bullknitter said...

My heart leaped when you said Jacklyn won, but I'm guessing I'm not the right Jacqueline. sniff. Congrats to the "real" Jacklyn! :)

Just Rhonda said...

:) Sounds like fun. Did Ryan like in the heights too?? Are you getting ready to come home yet??

Alysha Sladek said...

you'll have to explain the in the heights thing 'cause i'm totally clueless as to what that is...
i'm so glad you had a night out! that's awesome!

Unknown said...

Hi Susie, I found the link to your blog on Tom's facebook picture. I went to high school with Tom and Ryan. I am so jealous that you are living in New York. I have been there twice and love it so much! I so want to live there. I have been checking out all your awesome pictures. Sadie is beautiful, you two are very lucky.
Tara McCulloch