Tuesday, June 23, 2009

it's come to this

We are totally on the countdown, we only have a week left here. While we have loved the experiences we have had here, I think it's best we be moving out of this place. It's become apparent in the last week or so that Sadie has become too much for this tiny apartment.

Today she insisted she eat at the big table in the chair, so I let her.
Turns out she just wanted to get a better look at all the action outside. The constant honking and buzz of all the people is hard to compete with.
Here I am letting it all go.
Do judge me all you want. Some days I feel I get a fair bit of it from perfect strangers in this big city. So judge away, but you never know what you'll do and let your kid get away with when your trying to raise a child in NY city.
Happy Father's Day to the best Dad ever. I love knowing that Ryan would do anything for this little girl, that means a whole lot to the both of us.

Looking at this picture CRACKS me up.
I took Sadie to Toys R Us in Times Square. Of course we couldn't pass up a lawn chair to chillax in and some people watching while we were there. We were just taking it all in and Sadie was drawn to the CrAzy lady feeding the pigeons. The lady was chatty, as in talking out loud to herself and immediately noticed Sadie. She shared bread with Sadie, so here they just sat and fed the pigeons and talked to each other in their own little world. I was so laughing to myself and at myself. If it's not funny to you picture the lady even crazier and really dirty and just weird. But to sweet innocent non judgemental Sadie this lady was just sharing a moment with her.

Yeah for the nice days at the park, Sadie can climb and swing and burn her energy there.
Sadie showing she either needs more food, or that she is so bored that playing in the fridge is a fun new game.

More evidence of Sadie outgrowing this little living space. She has turned into a total climber, this may have happened regardless of the space issue. But it happens way too much since she has no where to go but UP. This is the only picture I took because I'm now trying to be a consistent parent and enforce the rules. So I haven't stopped to take pictures when she got on top of the glass coffee table to dance or, moves the chair so she can climb onto the glass table or the climbing attempts to get closer to peeking out the windows. I'm sure my consistency will pay off right? She IS allowed to climb up on the bed and jump on it, I'm not a total mean mom.
She did get into some mascara, and before I cleaned it off she had a good cry, she looked hilarious with mascara stained cheeks.
This was in the beginning when the over stimulation just from walking down the street tuckered her right out.
I LOVE the soother, and so does Sadie. Right now I can't imagine taking it away from here. It's been the best thing ever while we've been here. I never leave home without one, and never come back without one (not necessarily the same one). Ughh I can't even count how many soothers have been swallowed up by these city streets.
I think we are all looking forward to sleeping in our own beds in our own house again.

13 comments:

Mercedes said...

AHH the kugle; just thinking about it makes my mouth water! I am so glad you had fun in New York and that you were able to make use of some of the suggestions I gave you.

I am not in touch with Kendell right now. We hung out when he was in NYC visiting his girlfriend (Nikki Burbank). They went on some cross country road trip, broke up and that is the last I've heard of him. I tried getting his phone number from a mutual friend but the number was disconnected. Anyway I would really REALLY like to get in touch with him again. Do you have any ideas about the best way to track him down?

Thanks so much! Have a wonderful last week in the city!

whitney said...

I can't wait to see you!
Call me when you get to town, or better yet just walk down and say hi!
Good old Moose A Moose and Zee the lovely blue bird. They do do a great job of entertaining, I can't blame you... because we see a lot of them at my house.

lynz said...

haha love the soother picture! i love them too :)

Carla McDaniel said...

she is growing up and getting so big. how adorable. what a great adventure you've had. but we'll be happy to have you back.

Sim said...

we are getting so excited to see u guys!!! oh my goodness!! ps the mercedes that commented on your blog...is that mercedes white??? i think she used to work at beautiful bride. anyhow, we miss u and we're pumped!!

Jaime said...

I don't envy you having Sadie in that tiny apartment, but I DO envy the fact that the tiny apartment is in New York!!! You guys look like you had tonnes of fun.
I think summer time is just the time to let things go with kids. Brody helped himself to and ice cream sandwich for breakfast this morning, and no, I didn't stop him.
Can't wait to see you in the summer!

LindsayB said...

sadie is really saying umm, mom, put some food in this fridge. hopefully she won't be too cool for small town raymond when you get here. although with all your trips to central park she'll be used to the horse poop smell.

Mindi said...

Very cute, and nobody is judging you! Have a f un last week!!

Dorienne said...

We miss you guys. It will be great to have you back home.

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, what a great experience to live there. Space really is much more available out here, isn't it? Can't wait to see you back here though...

kjerstina said...

I can't believe you are leaving so soon! Call me if you have time to hang out! Sorry, we were out of town last time you called. If you are swamped, then come back again! And enjoy your 2000 sq ft house!

Alysha Sladek said...

hahah the little monkey! she's adorable!

The Bullknitter said...

Love the double soother pic. I can't believe you are coming home already!