Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sadie's World

It is truly amazing and so fun to have Sadie here in New York. It is so fun to see her experience and do and see things for the first time. We love it! Having her constantly by my side makes me stop, take my time and enjoy every little bit of our day together. One day she might be sad that she was here in NY, and doesn't remember a thing. Thank goodness I have taken enough pictures I might be able to convince her of a few good memories.

So what has Sadie been up to? Let me show you.

Getting some zzz's whenever she feels the need.

I love love love that when we decide to have a 'big' day out that she will fall asleep and have a little snooze in her stroller. Can you imagine if we had to stop our fun just to go back to our apartment and give her a nap?

Trying to earn her keep.
OK these next 2 are for Lindsay (kind of). Please tell me you would not turn down this little beggar on the street.


Like really who would you choose?



Being entertained by all the yahoo's in New York. There are many in this city.
These 2 had their eyes glued to this little act in Union Square Park. They had a pretty huge crowd, not all of the wee folk.


Loving the freedom of running around in the parks. Anywhere else I need to keep her pretty close.
Look closely. Sadie loves chasing the squirrels.

She continues to welcome all our visitors and doesn't really mind sharing our tiny space.
She mostly just woke these guys up every morning with of course a friendly wave. Sleeping in at our place is not really an option, remember no privacy here.

More and more exploring in Central Park.
Playing hide and seek, or maybe more accurate would be run and scream.

Peeking around Belvedere Castle.

Yep. Crawling around with her almost walking friend.
Since Sadie couldn't quite get Emmi to walk she decided to get down and race with her on all fours.

Here she is trying to look as intelligent as she can.
Ryan is really hoping we are molding the mind of a future Noble Peace Prize. I hope I didn't jinx it by saying it and putting up this picture. shoot!

What could be more fun than playing with mom's sunglasses.

Just looking so cute for Me.
I can't decide what I like best about this picture. Is it all the hair she is showing off, the crinkle in her nose, the tilt of her head, the squinty eyes, the tiny teeth, or just the fact that I captured this little beauty and she's all mine.
Ryan is trying to get wet and splash in the water.
Just chilling and watching some tooners with Ryan.
It has been so nice to have Ryan around way more than we have been used to. He has even found a favorite cartoon of his own and loves to watch it with Sadie.

Watching the fountains.
We mostly just watched these ones. All it took was one good soaking from these powerful fountains and she was happy to watch them.
She was quite okay(insisted) on wearing her suit around Central Park and on the ride home, no shame here. I just got a few more looks when we strolled home around 6:00 in just her suit.
Sadie was thrilled when she got a "bawoon" from this kid entertainer. He hangs out in the park and entertain kids and adults with music, bubbles, balloons and hoola hoops.


We've met up for supper at the park. So she could feed Ryan.
We discovered reading at the library at the park. It's genius I love it. So here's to my people loving, puppy obsessed, bird pointing, squirrel chasing, sand digger, toilet climbing, booty shakin', soother & blanky addict, book loving, and crayon eater. I love you.

14 comments:

lynz said...

sus...i know i have said this before, but sadie is seriously one of the cutest little girls i have ever seen in my whole life! i just love her and love your blog and my fav is the one of her and you with the sunglasses - so cute :) glad you guys are living it up in the big apple and taking lots of pictures along the way!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Jason told me all about how cute and funny Sadie is. He said that she is a real entertainer!! I love the pic of her little blond hair blowing everwhere! she is so cute!

Amanda Palmer said...

Still looks like you are having the time of your life...you are not going to want to come back to Calgary!!

Carla McDaniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla McDaniel said...

we sure miss you here. can't wait till you are back. i can't believe how big Sadie is getting. those pics of her are so darn cute. all of your adventures are wonderful and I'm so glad you are all enjoying them together :)

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness. She is the cutest little thing. I'd ask if I could keep her but that would just confuse our two little Sadie's. We have a ton of cuteness to aspire to.
I hope you don't mind me tripping over your blog and commenting.
I love Sadie crawling and feeding her Dad.

Jackie said...

What a great experience you guys are having! Sadie is way too cute and it is sad she won't remember a thing! Good job taking lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

ok lady you are officially hired when you get back to teach me how to use my camera- you are super talented- gorgeous pictures!

Jess said...

Cute pics of Sadie she looks like she is enjoying New York as much as you are. That is awesome that she is so laid back and will just sleep wherever!!

Alysha Sladek said...

i wouldn't pass up a hug from her! what a doll!!!!! your pics are so cute. and you're HOT STUFF!!! i'm jealous jimmy gets to see you next week.

Candice said...

Susie - I think she grew hair while you were in NYC, maybe it is the humidity. She is cute AS EVER!

Candice said...

Susie - I think she grew hair while you were in NYC, maybe it is the humidity. She is cute AS EVER!

LindsayB said...

awww, i'll hug sadie any day, well james will for sure, haha! sadie should teach emmi how to walk and emmi can teach her how to grow hair in return! i love sadie's world, she gets the stroller, only a walk when she wants it! get me an i heart and another scarf! have fun with the parents!

houseofhud said...

Mylee can't wait to get a big hug from Sadie when you get back! Also, her hair! It has definitely grown! And I love that it is whiter than her skin!