Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sadie & the Grandparents hit New York

My parents have come and gone. Again, I can't believe how much we fun we had with them while they were here. It was quite impressive that we saw so much with Sadie always with us. I guess it just reinforces what I've said before, she is such a NY girl. She loves seeing the sights and being in on the action, and it helps that she is quick to give into a good treat. I don't think I took one picture with my camera while they were here. I let my mom use her new camera, she did great I'd say. Here are some they sent of us having a good time.

We have been pretty good parents at sticking to Sadie's bedtime for the most part while we've been here. But of course with the grandparents here we pushed the limits, and she found there is a LOT of stuff going on at night. She also found that as it got later I was quicker to hand out the sugar treats, not always the greatest combination. Anyways, we had to snap a picture of us in Times Square at night because some things just won't happen twice.
This is the night we had dinner in Little Italy, it was so nice to sit outside and eat some yummy food there. It was also one of the times Sadie was into any of the food I was giving here, but she sure loved the unlimited supply of suckers the waiter kept handing out.

It was so great to have my parents to entertain and spoil her with loads of attention while they were here. I think they loved doing it too. My Dad was pretty go with the flow the whole time they were here. Before they got here he said he couldn't say if he was more excited to see New York or Sadie, that's a true grandpa for sure. He LOVED toting her around this city and showing her new stuff. Okay some of it wasn't really new, she has been across the Brooklyn Bridge a few, and the museums I think she is up to 4 times. So it was okay if she slept through parts of our day.
We went on a boat cruise to see the sights of Manhattan.

Our first family baseball game. It was a scorcher, but we had a great time. Sadie was in and out of the game, a total girl only cheering and paying attention when there was some excitement on the field.
Mom and Dad had Sadie at the fountains while Ryan & I went out. This was at the end of the day so she just dipped her toes for a bit, then her pants got wet enough to strip off. When it was time to go home, my Dad thought he would just carry her. Little miss Independent was having none of it so they let her walk down the street as she held my mom & dad's hand. Since it was the end of a long hot day I would've definitely put money on her giving in and getting some sort of lift back home. NOPE. This little girl walked all they way home it was .5mile (we google mapped it). Seriously my dad was sooo impressed.

Here is the night we went to Stardust Diner, it's such an entertaining place to go. All the servers are aspiring actors/actresses so they are always busting out in Broadway tunes. Of course they came and sang to Sadie and of course she danced and smiled and waved when everyone looked at her. It was hilarious to see her, entertaining pretty much the whole restaurant.
We did make a stop at the museums and Sadie loved checking out the ocean life.
It was really fun to have my dad all to ourselves while they were here. No distractions, just all play all day. Sadie had his undivided attention at any given moment of the day. It was pretty cute to see the 2 of them discover New York together. Sadie would show him around, as my Dad said, "Sadie owns New York"Sadie not so sure about "riding the bull" in Downtown.

Here we are in SOHO just hanging out and doing what you do there. We went for lunch at Lombardi's Pizza, it was so good. Then we went to Rice to Riches and it was soo yummy. I want to go back.


This is Sadie owning Times Square. I think it's hilarious part of Broadway is closed down in Times Square, so they have tons of lawn chairs they have put out. What tourist wouldn't love to kick up and give their tired feet a rest.
Two other highlights while they were here.
New York Philharmonic- Amazing!
Free babysitters so Ryan & I went out for dinner and a Broadway show.
Went to Off Broadway Toxic Avenger - I don't think I have seen my parents laugh so hard and myself too. I hope that doesn't mean I share "old people" humor. he he

5 comments:

houseofhud said...

It was so nice to meet your mom when she stopped by to get the key to your house! The time is winding down. We're excited for you to come home...don't know if you feel the same way!

LindsayB said...

i don't even know were to start on the comment. first of all the pic on the side with sadie giving a cheer at the game, oh my so cute. second, i can't believe how long those legs of hers are getting. next, i heard about this closing off of broadway and i say, AWESOME! i want to lounge there! next, i'm gonna say it, i'm TICKED about soho. it was one thing we only did it halfway, but then to find out that i missed out on some good food, well, now i'm right mad. and lastly, i think alli and sadie will rival each other for who has the most self confidence! alli thinks she's a pretty big deal in cardston.

Just Rhonda said...

:) Looks like you guys had fun! Thanks great!!!

Rashelle said...

You have so many cute pictures of Sadie in NY, I am sure she will have fun looking back at them. It was fun you could have family and friends come out and visit you.

Alysha Sladek said...

HOW FUN!!!