Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 3

Day 3 Siblings & parents

meet my family... the Steeds. When I think about my family it has always felt like just the right fit. I just can't imagine anything else other than 3 older brothers, 2 younger sisters and my mom and dad who raised 6 kids. We are who we are when we are together and they have made me who I am today. I don't think I always realized how good I had it until now. Growing up I I think everything about my childhood was the way it should be, including mud fights, barbies, and sleepovers with my sisters. For the most part going on family vacation was never a drag, because we all got along and we're friends.
I am honestly in awe sometimes when I think about how my parents raised 6 kids. As soon as I had my own kid my perspective on parenting and love totally changed. WOW right. If I didn't know how much my parents loved me already, I suddenly realized the love I have for my own kid is just the same as my parents love for me. Family is awesome. Of course love all the in-laws too. So here we are this last summer.

Me with the 3 boys




Me and the girls
Sometimes when I start looking at the oldies I just can't resist and I post more than anticipated.

I haven't mentioned Ryans family on here much, but they are Awesome! What I love about Ryan's dad is watching him be a grandpa it's sweet, amazing and hilarious all at the same time. He plays barbies WITH Sadie, when she crawled up the stairs he did. He totally adores our kids. Ryan says that of course he has always been a great dad growing up, but he is a totally different Grandpa... lucky for my kids.

Ryan's mom is golden. She is so thoughtful, giving, and a very busy person. She had this last week off work, so she came to visit for the day AND then she took Sadie home with her for a sleepover. She is gold, I love her.
Oh and she always makes the most amazing and cutest quilts for my girls, like this one!
p.s Nana if you are reading this you. Sadie has asked a few times if we can drive to Taber, because you said she is welcome to come anytime to sleepover.

4 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

cute...i loved reading this. family. so important

Alysha Sladek said...

love it! I love all the old school photos. wish i had some of my family! those are just awesome.

Brooke said...

I look like I'm crying in that one, but I gotta love making your blog.

LindsayB said...

brooke looks like shes crying because she IS crying!